- Center bore : inner diameter of the mouting hole of the wheel on the vehicle
- lips and barrels : a lip is the outer part of the rim, whereas a barrel is the inner part.
- poke and backspace : the poke is the distance between the outer edge of the lip and the mounting surface of the wheel. The backspace is the distance between the outer edge of the barrel and the mounting surface of the wheel.
- pitch circle diameter : distance between the fixation studs, calculated as the diameter of the circle connecting the studs. Also called PCD or referred to as fitment.
- Offset : distance between the middle of the wheel and the mounting surface of the wheel.
- ET : from the german "Einpresstiefe". Synonym for offset.
- centimeter one centimeter equals to 0,394 inch.
- tonneau : synonyme de voile intérieur.